dr SeuSS Math Paper March 2, 2004
1) Left foot Right foot Feet Feet Feet
How many feet do you meet if 7 girls are in a circle?
2) Front feet Back feet Red feet Black feet
How many, many feet do you meet if 4 dogs come to greet you?
3) Bump! Bump! Bump! Did you ever ride a wump?
How many people can ride on Mr. Gump's seven hump Wump if two people are on each hump? (Draw a picture!)
4) There are yellow pets called Zeds. They have one hair upon their heads. The hair grows fast . . . so fast, they say they need a hair cut every day. How many times do Zeds get their hair cut each week?
5) At our house we play out back. We play a game called Ring the Gack.
We throw the rings in a pattern.
Can you finish the pattern?
red, blue, yellow, red, ___________, ___________
6) You can think about gloves. You can think about SNUVS. You can think a long time about SNUVS and their gloves. SNUVS have 2 hands. How many SNUVS can wear 10 gloves? (Draw a picture!)
7) Oh, the THINKS you can think up if only you try! You can wonder . . . How long is the tail of a ZONG? Draw a tail that is 6 centimeters long.