Name:_______________________ Day # ______
I'll go to the African island of Yerka
And bring back a tizzle-topped Tufted Mazurka,
A kind of canary with quite a tall throat.
His neck is so long, if he swallows an oat
For breakfast the first day of April, they say
It has to go down such a very long way
That it gets to his stomach the fifteenth of May.
1. List the long a words.
2. What continent is the island of Yerka near? ___________________
3. List the proper nouns. ________________________________________________________
4. List the adjectives. ________________________________________________________
1. How many days does it take the Tufted Mazurka to swallow an oat? __________
2. If Gerald McGrew starts his trip to Yerka at 2:45 and it takes 45
minutes to reach the Tufted Mazurka, what time is it then? ________
3. A bag of oats costs 87 cents. What coins does Gerald pay with if he
uses the fewest coins?
67 39 55 48
+28 +46 -49 -29
Write number sentences for today's number.